One of the recipes that we make the most around here is our Mac & Not Cheese. What can I say? Sometimes nothing in the world sounds better than a huge bowl of mac & cheese (even when there's actually no cheese in it!) The vegan cheese sauce is the nectar of the gods - we've even used it in our vegan loaded nachos and we're using it again today in this cheesy chorizo dip!
In addition to the vegan cheesy goodness, this recipe also uses our favorite Trader Joe's soy chorizo and salsa of your choice. It's easy to make and so dang delicious (I think you'll be surprised that it's vegan-friendly!) Make it for your next party, game-day snack, or weeknight dinner (hey, why not!?)
Vegan Cheesy Chorizo Dip
This simple recipe combines vegan cheese sauce, soy chorizo, and salsa into a fantastically delicious party dip, perfect for your next game-day.
- 1/2 cup Vegan butter (Earth Balance)
- 1/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Nutritional yeast
- 3 cups Almond milk
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Agave nectar
- 12 oz. (1 pkg.) Soy chorizo
- 1 jar Salsa
1. In a large pot over low heat, melt your vegan butter. Once melted, add flour and whisk together to form a roux.2. Add nutritional yeast, almond milk, salt, tomato paste, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.3. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and agave. Set aside.4. In a large pan, saute soy chorizo per package instructions.5. Combine cheese sauce, chorizo, and a jar of salsa in a large bowl and serve immediately with tortilla chips. Or, add to a crock pot to keep warm and snack on all day.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: Lots of dip
If you make it, let us know how delicious you think it is!
Sarah & Nick