Just a reminder that Mother's Day is this Sunday, May 8th! Nick and I have two of the best moms around and even if we can't be near them this Sunday, we still want them to know how much they both mean to us!
Maybe you're past the stage of macaroni necklaces and photos of yourself as Mother's Day presents, but moms still love homemade gifts. Below are a few gift ideas to make for mom this year!
1. Paint Dipped Succulent Planters - My mom is a PLANT QUEEN and she's always adding new plants to her
2. Pom Pom Dandelions - So maybe your mom is of the black thumb variety. Give her pom pom flowers! A bouquet of these would be the cutest. BONUS! They never die.
3. Embroidered Heart Locket - Theoretically this could hold a photo of you, but I'm sure mom would let it slide.
4. Hand Stamped Tea Towels - I'm constantly getting new novelty tea towels from my mom with pumpkins and Christmas trees and such on them. Time to return the favor!
5. Marbled Clay Dishes - I already know for a fact these are mom-approved because we made them with my mom!
If you're lucky enough to spend Mother's Day with your mom, maybe you'll consider treating her to a homemade brunch! Below are some easy and delicious breakfast ideas she'll be sure to love (and don't forget the coffee!)
1. Banana Crumb Muffins - These melt-in-your-mouth muffins are like dessert for breakfast. You can't go wrong!
2. Tofu Quiche - I'm a savory breakfast gal myself and this tofu quiche always hits the spot.
3. Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats - Prep these oats the night before and you don't have to spend any time in the kitchen Sunday morning!
4. Tater Tot Hash Browns - Impress mom with your waffle iron skills! Toss some tater tots in there and top your crispy, waffled hash browns with a dippy egg. A+.
5. Breakfast Tofu Scramble - This is our go-to weekend breakfast and we've made it for our moms quite a few times too. It's easy and delicious - throw it in a tortilla for a bomb breakfast burrito!
Wherever you're spending Mother's Day this weekend, be sure to give mom lots of love! And if you make any of our gift or brunch ideas, be sure to tag us on Instagram! @sawissinger + @nmalburg
Sarah & Nick