Monday, February 22, 2016
Knitted Floor Pouf
I've been getting the itch to knit lately, but I thought it was getting late in the season to be making more scarves and blankets that we'd just end up packing away soon. I've seen a lot of cute floor poufs online lately and thought I'd try to knit my own!
This floor pouf was super easy to make, so if you know how to cast on, knit, and cast off, you can make one too! As this was my first floor pouf, there's definitely some things I'd do differently next time. 1) I'd make my pouf quite a bit bigger. It turned out way smaller than I expected. 2) I'd knit in the round instead of sewing the two ends together. The seam isn't very pretty and a seamless circle would have been the better way to go.
Want to make your own? Here's what you need!)
- Thick yarn (I used Bernat Baby Blanket Yarn in Vanilla)
- Size 15 circular needles
- Sewing needle with large eye
- Bean bag filler
- Trash bag
Here's what you do!
- Cast on 35 stitches.
- Knit each row until you have a rectangle about 3' long. Cast off.
- Using a sewing needle, sew the two ends of your rectangle together with spare yarn. You should now have a large "tube".
- On the bottom of your pouf, thread your needle through a loop at the end of a row. Continue to thread through every second loop, pulling your yarn tightly to bunch the bottom together. If there's a small hole, carefully sew it together and tie off your yarn.
- Your pouf should now be like a basket. Insert a trash bag filled with your bean bag filler until basket is full.
- Following the same technique as the bottom of the pouf, use your sewing needle and yarn to tighten the top together. Sew together the small hole and tie off your yarn.
Easy, right? You could completely customize this pattern to your liking - change the size, type of stitch, etc. I'm excited to try different techniques to make more floor poufs for our apartment! Think you'll make one too?
Sarah & Nick
8:16 AM Get Crafty
- Surznick Reads: February 2016
- Chocolate Oreo Popcorn
- Plaid Skirt + Collared Shirt
- Knitted Floor Pouf
- 10 Netflix Shows & Movies to Watch Now
- ASOS Under $50
- Boozy Butterbeer
- Lately... (V) + A Giveaway!
- Mini Heart Shaped Pizzas
- Vinyl Record Shelf
- Blue (Faux) Suede Skirt
- Copper Leg Plant Stand
- Banana Crumb Muffins
- ▼ February (13)
- ► 2015 (131)
- ► 2014 (106)
The Surznick Common Room participates in various affiliate advertising programs. If you click or make a purchase through select links on this site or related social media accounts, we may receive a commission. Although we participate in these programs, we're committed to keeping this blog 100% us - all opinions are our own.