Here's what you need:
- 2 cups halved brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (or more if you like the heat!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here's what you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- If brussels sprouts are frozen, thaw and cut in half.
- Mix brussels sprouts in a bowl with olive oil, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Spread sprouts on a foil lined baking sheet and place in oven.
- Bake at 15-20 minute intervals, mixing/turning the sprouts every 10 minutes or so.
- Bake until desired roast is achieved. We like to see our leaves browning, with a bit of crispness around the edges. This usually takes about 50 minutes of roasting and turning.
- While sprouts are roasting, chop your pecans into small pieces. Lightly toast in a small pan on the stove over low heat.
- Once sprouts are out the oven, place in a serving dish and toss with the cranberries and toasted pecans.
These have become one of my favorite Thanksgiving side dishes over the past couple of years. I really love the tart cranberries and the spice from the red pepper flakes. The combination of the two send this dish over the edge!
Sarah & Nick