Cocktail posts are easily my favorite types of posts to write for the blog. It's fun to make them, photograph them, write about them, and drink them (duh). This delicious apple pie cocktail, adapted from Vegan Yack Attack is a perfect drink for any fall or winter evening!
Here's what you need:
- 1.5 oz. (1 shot) cinnamon whiskey
- 1.5 oz. (1 shot) whipped vodka (or vanilla vodka)
- 4 oz. apple cider
- Brown sugar
- Agave nectar (or honey)
- Cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
- Apple slice for garnish (optional)
- Cocktail shaker
- Lowball glass
Here's what you do:
- Combine some cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Prepare your glass: With a clean paintbrush, brush rim of glass with agave (or honey) and dip in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. I don't recommend you skip this step, it's delicious!
- Combine ice, whiskey, vodka, and apple cider in your cocktail shaker, and shake until the outside of your shaker frosts from the cold.
- Pour into your glass. Include the ice.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick and apple slice.
Sarah & Nick