Monday, July 14, 2014
Avocado Chickpea Dip
Guess what, guys? Nick and I are the proud new owners of our first food processor! I'm pretty pumped to add this tool to our kitchen arsenal, so for our inaugural dish we made this super delicious avocado chickpea dip. Check it out!
Avocado Chickpea Dip (Adapted from The Lo Down)
- 1 avocado
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Additional olive oil for drizzling
- Veggies (or anything else!) for dipping
Here's what you do!
- Cut and scoop out avocado into your food processor. Add drained chickpeas, olive oil, and salt. Blend until combined. Add more olive oil if you'd like a smoother consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with olive oil and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Serve with veggies or anything else you want!
This was super easy to whip up and it's great with baby carrots. I can already see this being my go-to work snack. Anyone think they'll give this dip a go? How about some great food processor recipes for us to try?
Sarah & Nick
P.S. Don't forget! There's still 5 days to enter our first ever GIVEAWAY!
7:49 PM In the Kitchen
- ► 2016 (130)
- ► 2015 (131)
- ▼ July (7)
The Surznick Common Room participates in various affiliate advertising programs. If you click or make a purchase through select links on this site or related social media accounts, we may receive a commission. Although we participate in these programs, we're committed to keeping this blog 100% us - all opinions are our own.