Thursday, June 26, 2014
Our Summer To-Do List
Summer has officially arrived and we're so excited for all the fun stuff to do here in Pittsburgh over the next few months. Though I've already jotted down a couple things I would like to, I was inspired by Emily at Cupcakes and Cashmere to make a concise to-do list of things I want to accomplish by the time fall rolls around (and because crossing things off a list is oh so satisfying).
Sticking with the our, "How can I do this without spending too much money?" theme, Nick and I each made a list of free/inexpensive things we want to do this summer. Some are just things that I know I'll never do unless I put it on this list, but others I'm actually really looking forward to. Here we go!
1. Write down recipes that I've made (and liked) on recipe cards and delete them from my Pinterest board.
2. Go to an outdoor movie (or a bunch of them!)
3. Try 5 new restaurants on our restaurant passport.
4. Buy our fruits and veggies from the farmer's market as often as possible.
5. Repaint our dining room table and chairs.
6. Successfully learn how to use the manual setting on our camera.
7. Have friends over for a BBQ.
8. Plan out our meals every week.
9. Have a picnic at Bach, Beethoven, and Brunch.
10. Find/make/upcycle a coffee table for our dining room.
1. See a movie at the drive-in.
2. Run 30 miles/month.
3. Organize my school materials into filing cabinets.
4. Go to a free summer concert at Hartwood Acres.
5. Do more weekend schoolwork/planning outside.
6. Make my own veggie burgers.
7. Expand my vinyl collection.
8. Make music with friends.
9. Sample whiskey somewhere cool.
10. Tour a new brewery.
We'll check back in with you in 3 months to let you know how we did! Anyone else have a to-do list or goals for the summer?
Sarah & Nick
Remember to follow us on Bloglovin or Google!
8:54 PM The Junk Drawer
- ► 2016 (130)
- ► 2015 (131)
- ▼ June (7)
The Surznick Common Room participates in various affiliate advertising programs. If you click or make a purchase through select links on this site or related social media accounts, we may receive a commission. Although we participate in these programs, we're committed to keeping this blog 100% us - all opinions are our own.