There are plenty of companies out there that will turn your Instagram photos into magnets for you, but why buy when you can DIY?!
- 2x2" tiles (similar)
- Printed Instagram photos
- Mod Podge
- Super glue
- Round magnets
- Xacto Knife
Note: We bought a sheet of 36 2x2" tiles from Home Depot for about $2. They were attached with a small amount of glue and can easily be separated into single tiles. The only single 2x2" tiles we found came in packs of 4 for about the same price, so the sheet of 36 is the way to go!
Here's what you do!
- Compile the photos you want to use for your magnets (trust me, narrowing them down is the hardest part). You can view your Instagram account on your computer at Instagram.com/YourUsername. I took screenshots of mine from the website into our photo editing software and cropped/made other changes.
- Next, I copied all of the photos into a Word document and resized them to have 1.81" sides. This will give a very small border on the photos so that the paper isn't going to the very edge of the tile. I put 2 spaces in between each photo to make room for cutting. I was able to fit my 36 photos onto two sheets of paper.
- Print your photos. (We got ours printed at Staples for $1.25 - we were out of colored ink at home.) Cut out your photos.
- If necessary, separate and clean the glue off your tiles. Nick used an Xacto knife to cut them apart and scrape off any remaining glue.
- Apply a coat of Mod Podge on top of the photo. After it dries, add a second coat.
- After the glue is dry, your magnets are fridge-ready!
Sarah & Nick
(By the way, you can find us on IG @sawissinger & @nmalburg)